Login
Get your free website from Spanglefish

Sept 2012

DUNNET AND CANISBAY COMMUNITY COUNCIL

Minutes of Meeting held on 12 SEPTEMBER 2012 in Auckengill Hall


1. Present: John Green (Chair); Chris Hobson (Vice-Chair); Keith Muir (Secretary / Treasurer); Steven MacGregor; Eric Green; Bill Mowat
No apologies. No representative of Highland Council. 10 members of the public.

2. Minutes of the Last Meeting held in Freswick Hall in July 2012. Proposed Eric Green, seconded Bill Mowat, duly adopted.

3. Matters Arising

Eurowind – Lyth Wind Farm. It was reported that the developers will be holding open days in Castletown Hall on 1st October and Lyth Hall on 2nd October. They have asked to meet again with the Community Council once they have collected the feedback from these public consultations – date to be confirmed.

John O’ Groats Mill: The Prince’s Trust for the Built Environment in conjunction with the North Highland Initiative and Mrs Sina Houston held an open day to invite suggestions as to how the Mill might be brought back into some form of economic activity. Members reported that the event was well supported with many useful suggestions coming forward, and these will be considered in the formation of a development plan.

Lease of Highland Council ground at John O’ Groats: There has been no response from officials of THC to the community council’s repeated concerns about the plan to lease land at the end-of-the-road site at John O’ Groats to the developer, Natural Retreats. Whilst the local community is very supportive of the development of the site, there are real concerns that a long lease should incorporate clear legal safeguards for the interests of the community over matters such as parking charges, access to the harbour area and access to facilities for holding events such as the Vintage Car Rally, Highland Games or other public events. These concerns have even been reported in the local Press, but there has still been no reaction at all from THC; and it was agreed that the Chair would write to the Convener of THC to raise our concerns about this matter.

Meygen: Following concerns raised at our last meeting in July, Meygen have no requested to meet with the Community Council to address those concerns directly. Ed Rollings, the planning and consents manager of Meygen, will attend our next meeting in October to make a presentation about their plans and answer any questions from the public.

Freswick Pier: John Green will ask a local contractor to look at the pier and give a price for what looks to be relatively modest repairs.
4. Treasurer’s report: The balance on the account at the end of August stood at £2,902.01.

5. Village Officer: The Chair reported that there are still funds available in the budget for carrying out small works around the parish, and invited members and the public to come forward with suggestions.

6. AOCB: No matters were brought forward under AOCB.

7. Next Meeting will take place on Wednesday 10th October in Canisbay Hall at 7.30 p.m.

 

Click for Map WikanikoWork from Home
site map | cookie policy | privacy policy | accessibility statement