Login
Get your free website from Spanglefish

MAY 2007

 Minutes of 6th Meeting

Freswick Hall 9th May 2007

 
 
Present:
 
John Green (Chair)
Chris Hobson
Eric Green
Keith Muir
 
In Attendance from the Public:
 
1 member of the public
 
 
  1. Apologies : Willie Sinclair
                        Irene Hendrie
                        Sgt. George Murray
 
  1. Minutes of Last Meeting: Proposed Eric Green Seconded Chris Hobson – duly adopted
 
  1. Matters Arising
·        Broadband Availability in John O’ Groats: No firm date for the upgrade as yet. JG reported there are now 15 people on his list waiting for BB.
·        Mey Hall: It was reported that the Planning Committee had agreed to waive for two years after the Hall is brought into use the planning requirement that a footpath be provided from the village to the Hall. JG also reported that the Council had granted £20,000 to provide the final slice of funding required for the renovations to go ahead.
 
  1. Affordable Housing Survey – Nothing to report as yet.
 
  1. Village Officers: JG reported that the Council has allocated the Community Council £500 towards the costs of a Village Officer. There was some debate about how this can best be used in such a widespread community, and it was resolved: -
-         Action: Secretary to write to Council to clarify any stipulations as to how the money should be used
-         Action: KM to investigate whether HIE Caithness and Sutherland might match the funding
 
 
  1. Planning – Spittal Wind Farm. After some discussion it was agreed that the proposed development at Spittal was not a matter for this Community Council.
-         Action: JG to reply to letter from Anti-Windfarm pressure group in those terms
 
  1. AOB
    • Freswick Village Hall: A member of the public reported that the village Hall was in need of repairs to the roof of the porch and an upgrade to the toilets. It was suggested that the Hall committee approach Yvonne Hendry of Caithness Voluntary Group in Wick for advice on funding.
    • Mobile Post Office: Robin Inglis reported that the new Mobile Post Office had been unable to provide a service to customers at Auckengill due to technical problems.
-         Action: KM agreed to take this up with Postwatch.
    • Planning: Stroubster Wind Farm: It was agreed that there would be a need for the CC accurately to represent the opinions of all the people in the community, and that this might best be achieved by some form of postal ballot.
-         Action: JG to investigate how a Community Council in Skye set up a ballot of local people
-         Action: Secretary to write to the Developer and enquire whether they would be prepared to contribute to the cost of a mail-shot from the CC
    • HMI Schools Reports: EG voiced concerns over the recent report on Canisbay School and the lack of any public information about plans to address any short-comings identified in the report
-         Action: Secretary to invite Graham Nichols, Area Education, Culture & Sport Manager to attend next meeting.
·        Dwarwick Pier: CH reported delays in the users group getting lease for Dwarwick pier sorted out with council.
-         Action: JG to chase up with Council
·        John O’ Groats factory Unit – the football club has approached the Council about getting use of the vacant factory unit at John O’ Groats and requests support from the Community Council .
-         Action: Secretary to write to Council supporting this use for the vacant unit
 
  1. Next Meeting : 13 June 7.30 p.m. Auckengill Hall
-            Action: Secretary to arrange venue and send out posters
 
 
 
 
 
 
Click for Map
site map | cookie policy | privacy policy | accessibility statement