Login
Get your free website from Spanglefish

May 2010

 

Minutes of the Dunnet and Canisbay Community Council meeting held in Dunnet hall on Wednesday 5 May 2010 at 7.30pm
 
Present
John Green - Chair                            
Irene Hendrie – Secretary                                                                 
Keith Muir - Treasurer                        
Chris Hobson – Vice Chair                         
 
In attendance
Cllr Willie MacKay
 
Apologies
Eric Green
Alex Macmanus – Ward Managers Team
Tom Kellett - SNH
Paul Castle – Countryside Ranger
 
Guest speaker
Geoff Kitt - Walkers are Welcome
 
7 Members of Public
 
Prior to the meeting Geoff Kitt gave a short talk on the Walkers are Welcome scheme. He explained that successful applicants must meet six criteria:
·           Demonstration of popular local support
·           Formal endorsement by the local authority
·           Action to ensure footpaths are well maintained
·           Adequate marketing of the scheme
·           Encouragement for walkers to use public transport
·           Mechanisms in place to maintain Walkers are Welcome status
The scheme strengthens the reputation of an area with walkers and increases visitor numbers. The chairman thanked him for attending.
 
1.    Minutes of the last meeting were adopted.          
Proposed John Green; Seconded Keith Muir
 

2. Matters arising from the minutes

 
Litter bin
No decision as yet with regard to placing a litter bin in the lay by at the west end of Dunnet village.     Action   Alex Macmanus to report before next meeting
 
Village Officer Funding
The secretary had requested invoices for the work undertaken in Dunnet forest
 
Dunnet Head Education Trust
Tina Irving had submitted a budget for the projects being undertaken by the trust.
Action Secretary to copy to cc members

3. Beach Clean

The secretary would contact Caithness Machinery Ring to see if they would submit a quote for the beach clean at Dunnet
Action Secretary to contact Linda Levak

4. Any other business

Speeding in Dunnet
Residents were concerned about speeding through the village. They were advised to call Crimestoppers or the local police station to report specific incidents.
Action Secretary to pass concerns to Police and investigate the possibility of having Smiley Face speed indicator signs
History Project
Members would meet Prof Jim Hunter on 6th May 2010 to discuss the best way forward for the project which was to research the history of the community. An initial meeting had highlighted possible areas of research with the sea being a common theme. Barbara Hiddleston was invited to attend.
 

5. Next Meeting

Wednesday 9 June 2010 in Mey Hall at 7.30.

 

Click for Map
site map | cookie policy | privacy policy | accessibility statement