Login
Get your free website from Spanglefish

Minutes of the Dunnet and Canisbay Community Council meeting held in Mey Hall on Wednesday 10 March 2010 at 7.30pm
 
Present                                                          
Chris Hobson – Vice Chair                            
Irene Hendrie – Secretary                              
Keith Muir  - Treasurer
Joyce Wilson
Chris Cariss
Alex Macmanus – Ward Managers Team
 Apologies
John Green - Chair
Eric Green
The chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting.
 
1.   Minutes of the last meeting were adopted.    
Proposed Joyce Wilson                                                                                Seconded Chris Hobson
 

2. Matters arising from the minutes

 
Dunnet West Side Road
Chris Hobson had emailed Ian Moncrieff with regard to the heavy traffic and need for a footpath and was awaiting a reply.
 
Grit bins
There were two grit bins in the village but another was needed on the west side road.                                           
Action Secretary to request this  
 
Litter bin
Litter was being left at the lay by at the west end of Dunnet. 
 Action Alex Macmanus to check if a bin                                                   could be placed in the lay by
 
3. Treasurer’s report
The current bank balance was £2,726.51
 
4. Beach cleans
The contractor would be available in May to undertake a clean and would forward a quotation.                                                                                                                            

5. Any other business

Telescope at Dunnet Head
Harpers Tackle Shop had shown interest in taking over the running of the telescope.                                            
Action Chris Hobson to follow this up
 
Council Budget
There would be a joint ward forum at the beginning of April, possibly in Wick where the council budget would be discussed.
 
General Election
There would be an overnight count in Wick
 
History Project
Members had met with Professor Hunter of UHI History Centre and he was interested in undertaking a research project of John O’ Groats and the surrounding area. An approach to HIE indicated that they might be able to fund the first stage of the research. A brief had been drawn up for the project.
 
RSPB
Chris Hobson distributed leaflets from the RSPB launching the Volunteer and Farmer Alliance which encourages volunteers to conduct surveys on farm and croft land
 
Next Meeting
No decision was made.
March 2010

 

Click for Map WikanikoWork from Home
site map | cookie policy | privacy policy | accessibility statement