Login
Get your free website from Spanglefish

 
Dunnet and Canisbay Community Council

Minutes of the AGM

 

Seaview Hotel, John O’ Groats 

Wednesday 21 January 2008 at 7.30pm.

 

 Present                                                          

John Green – Chair                                      
Keith Muir - Treasurer
Irene Hendrie - Secretary                                           
Eric Green
PS Murray – Northern Constabulary
PC Macrae – Northern Constabulary
 Apologies
David Flear – Landward Cllr
Alex Macmanus – Ward Managers Team
Chris Hobson – Vice Chair
Member of the Public
Mary Legg      
 

Chairman’s report
During the year the group dealt with various issues including rural transport, planning, wind farms, SNH designation, beach cleaning and marine energy. The chairman thanked the members for their efforts throughout the year.
 Minutes of the last AGM
Minutes of the last AGM had been circulated to all present and were adopted Proposed - Eric Green Seconded - Keith Muir
 Treasurer’s report
Copies of the interim accounts produced in August 2008 were distributed to all present and approved. The balance had changed little since then and was currently £3,152.50. 
 Minutes of the last AGM
Minutes of the last AGM had been circulated to all present and were adopted Proposed Eric Green Seconded Keith Muir
 Any other business
  • Beach clean
Funding was already in place from SNH to carry out a beach clean at Dunnet in March. An application would be submitted to the Dounreay Communities Fund and Castletown CC would be invited to contribute to the cost.                                              Action Secretary to write to Castletown CC, liaise with Mary                                  Legg and submit funding application to DCF
  • Wild Parking
PS Murray had visited Duncansby Head at various times throughout the summer months. Eleven camper vans had parked there overnight on one occasion. They could be moved on if ‘no overnight parking’ signs were in place. Dunnet Head was also a common spot for wild parking
                        Action Secretary to check if signs are in place.
  • Dunnet Forest Trust
The trust had arranged a meeting for stakeholders on 5th February 2009 regarding its management plan. 
                        Action Keith Muir and Chris Hobson to attend if possible
  • Road improvements
The road linking Freswick to Greenland had been partially repaired but still had many defects.    
Action Secretary to contact Iain Moncrief to see when further repairs would be carried out
  • Crown Estate Talk
Duncan MacKay of the Crown Estate had been invited to the February meeting
Action Secretary to confirm attendance
  • John O Groats development
The redevelopment of John O Groats had not progressed in line with the proposed timeline and a master plan had yet to be agreed. Parts of the Freswick Estate were being sold.
Action Keith Muir to investigate registering a Community Interest
  • Proposed lease of forests
Rhoda Grant had raised the issue of the proposed leasing for 75 years of 25% of Scotland’s forests. This had implications for amenity use and employment
Action Secretary to register objection and reply to Ms Grant
  • Next Meeting
Auckengill hall Wednesday 11 February 2009 at 7.30pm

 

Click for Map
site map | cookie policy | privacy policy | accessibility statement